No hot water out of Galaxy G2000lx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Happened across this site while trying to figure out what's wrong with the shower.

So, for the last couple of weeks the shower has been making undulating noises while switched on (level 7 and heat cranked up all the way!). Sounded like a pump that was getting intermittent water feed. Then, two days ago, it decided to give up the ghost and wouldn't even stay on for 2 seconds. It would power up, squirt out a few drops and then shut down. I managed to get it switched onto level 6 with the help of my brother and quick fingers. The shower runs fine when the dial is turned all the way cold. Once you try and turn the temp up past 3 or 4 the pump would start to complain (like a pump does when there's no water running through it.

So this evening my brother and I decided to look inside. Upon realising neither us knew what we were looking at we closed up and I came on here.

The new development since then is that now it wont even turn on altogether. It powers on and then off straight away.

My first thought would have been something was scaled up inside. Is this thing worth repairing or just get the landlord to fork out for a new one?

Any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Try checking the filters first make sure the pump is getting hot/cold feed.
They are located under the plate with the screw in the centre near where the hot/cold feeds enter the shower inlets to the flow valve.

Make sure you isolate the supplies to shower before removing filters.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back