No hot water with Baxi Bermuda 401

Yes the hot water is gravity fed upstairs into hot water tank (via copper coil into the HW tank) as is the upstairs central heating. The two downstairs rads are fed via a pump under the floorboards.

All central heating rads are working.

I tried to back flush with mains cold into one of the downstairs rads up to the expansion tank overflow, didnt work for me.....

Maxed out the thermo on the downstairs back boiler, no luck so far....

Hmmmm. Looks like a boil out.

Sponsored Links
Might be worth having a quick check to see if you're on a primatic cylinder before you jump in too deep.

I think it maybe a primatic cylinder. That means the hot water from the taps doesn't mix with central heating water. If it is how do I get rid off the air lock ?

Thanks

How many tanks do you have in the loft.
Primatics can still be boiled up doesn`t always work though .

Sponsored Links
One hot water tank and cold water feed tank just above it. They are both in the airing cupboard in the back bedroom.

Does it say Primatic on the cylinder, just above the two pipes, and below the rim

It should be stamped in the copper.

I would drain everything out including all the rads, then slowly refill with a hot tap open, when the water flows from the tap turn it off and continue bleeding the rads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back