no hot water with worcester 24i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i have had a few problems with my worcester 24i combi boiler the hot water would not work down stairs replaced a few bits of pipe because of hard water blocking the pipes seamed to work after a few times but now we only get hot water if we turn the heating on. now replaced all the pipe work upto the boiler and fitted a combi mate can anyone advise me on what could be the problem got a man from bg coming out to service it has not been done for a couple of years (new house) just want to see if i can fix it before he comes of have a rough idea of what im talking about
cheers
andy

Sponsored Links
Dont know worcesters very well but could be the flow switch.

Isthere indication on the front panel that the boiler recognises the hot taps are on?

Very rarely does scale block pipe work!

Are you sure its not a CDi? In which case it sounds like the diaphragm

If it is a 24i and the htg works then the flow switch would be the obvious fault

hi yes its definatly a 24i i can unsrew the flow swith from the pipe do you know if it has to be put on in ant specific way or is it just screw on and plug in ?
cheers
andy

Sponsored Links
If this is the four pipe HE then they can get scaled up. I once saw one with no flow at all.

The black DHW flow switch has to be fitted the correct way round!

Tony

yes i think it might be the HE tony we have very little flow now and cannot run two hot taps taps together.one will have water one will not the flows so poor. very strangely though if i give the cold tap a quick blast with the hot tap running it fires up the boiler. is the HE easy to clean or is it a profesonal job
cheers
andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back