No Hot Water

yes can be used for airlocks.

it should shift it to where ever the flow will go.
so if you block the cylinder feed in the bottom of the tank it can only carry on up the vent. (or shut the gate valve in the airing cupboard)

don't forget the washing machine valve will probably have a one way valve in.

if you have no taps upstairs etc i would say its blocked there somewhere

Sponsored Links
one way valve like a check valve is that?

theres no water upstairs even so as you say the blockage must be before those taps.

maybe the blockage may bw blown into the hot water tank and not out the vent... does this mean a big problem? i'll see if i have a jubilee clip to join the hosepipe onto the pipe securly...

if you shut the gate valve on the pipe feeding the cylinder then the water can't go into the cylinder its only way out will be the vent.
so don't worry if your overflow starts running. its onlt the water from the hose.

check valve yes.

i know what you mean now - as the cylinder is full of water the blockage will shift up the vent.

anyway i am annoyed (with myself and the stress of it all) - thanks for helping though you've been great, but after pulling the washing machine out, i find it is a cold fill only. :oops:

is there nothing more i can do? is that it.... new pipe?

Sponsored Links
seco!!! i have a dishwasher that is HOT and COLD feed and did it on that pipe! and yeaaahhh a big clog of insulation came flying out of the open vent pipe!!!!!!! problem sorted as hot water now runs!! one last point though if i may and thanbks for everything - the vent pipe is now full of water to a high level, higher than before - will this drop or do i have to remove some somehow? i don't want it to keep overflowing and the overflow going ??

water will find it`s own level, leave a tap run for a few minutes and the level will drop back to normal.

Thanks - i will do that. I suppose it will leel up to the same as that in the cold water tank-the cold water tank's water levelThis is a great site and I am very thankful to seco services and also littleleaks for that last point! Thanks again, all the best.

it went better than i thought. i thought we was gonna be here all night.

get a proper lid for that tank.

ok-wink.gif

don't say you haven't learnt anything. LOL.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back