No Hot Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just got home from work to no hot water. Cold water running, radiators lovely and warm. Advised to check boiler pressure. It was just over 2 so bled rads and reduced the pressure to normal. Still no hot water. Don't know what else to try! Any advice appreciated. Boiler is a Worcester 28i.

Sponsored Links
do you mean that the water coming out of the hot tap is cold, or do you mean no water is coming out of the hot tap ?

Sorry - no water coming out of the hot tap.

When you say no water is coming out of hot tap ,do you mean every hot water tap is giving no water at all. Bone dry ?

Sponsored Links
Check the cold water isolator on the boiler is open , is the boiler in an out building / garage / loft ? Has anyone touched the boiler isolation valves maybe by error trying to top boiler pressure up or reduce it ? If no to all above. You could well have a frozen pipe.

Last edited:
The boiler is in the cellar so out of reach. All pipes have lagging on them. I had a BG engineer out about 2 weeks ago to replace 2 faulty radiator thermostates but that's all. I wonder if he's done something as the boiler pressure went up so I had to bleed the rads to bring it back down again. If it's not that then I can only thing it's a frozen pipe. Hopefully it doesn't burst!! Thanks for your help

Your welcome ,hopefully it may resolve itself if it thaws ,but this very cold weather is gonna be with us for a while.you should get a plumber In to check it out ,soon as .

All working fine this morning!! Let's hope it still is when I get home from work

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back