No HW & No CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi some advice please, there is no flow of hot water to either the Hot water cylinder or the radiators. System has been working fine for years with no changes made, consists of Potterton Netaheat boiler Grunfos pump and Honeywell 4073A 3 port valve. Boiler fires up pipes immediately ajacent to it get hot yet all 3 pipes at 3 port valve are cold as are the pipes either side of the pump. after a few minutes boiler shuts down (over temp I assume) pump sounds like its working but body gets hot, strange noises coming from 3 port valve. I suspect the 3 port valve but how do I confirm this? can these valves get into a position where water cannot flow into either CH or HW?

Many Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
No there will always be one of the circuits open.. Take centre screw out of pump and makesure it is spinning also check header tank has water in it,
Make sure system has water in it you may have a blocked cold feed

Sounds like pump knackered or stuck. Check for 230V at pump terminals.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Namsag, you were quite correct lack of water in the system, blockage in cold feed.

Many Thanks for the replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back