No more nails/pink grip - how strong is it really?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've another post detailing how I'm trying to bend skirting around a round bay. I've now done this, and it stays in place only when held with about 4 large screws per piece of skirting - approx 1.5M long.

Due to the cuts I've had to make at the back to bend, there is no way I can sink the screw heads into the skirting.

I therefore have no choice but to glue. I've already stuck about 4 blocks of plywood as packing to the wall with pink grip. I've going to leave it for 48 hours and then glue the skirting to these, whilst holding in place with the aforementioned screws. In another 48 hours I'll have to remove the screws and fill.

Question is, is the pink grip or no more nails stuff really strong enough to hold on a bit of skirting that really wants to spring off the wall? Having never used it before I'm starting to think it is too good to be true? Any comments?

Sponsored Links
Personally I prefer Laybond GripFill to the other products, but they're all very grippy - try smearing some into a fingertip, then wait five minutes and try to get it off. ;)

I've used NMN a few times on bendy skirting and never had any probs, but you do need to support it for a good few hours though.

I also used it to stick some warped plastic cable conduit to a wall, worked a treat and is still stuck to the wallpaper to this day.
Sadly though the wallpaper is no longer stuck to the wall :oops:

Thanks Chaps. That puts my mind at rest a little. It's be screwed in place for a few days to be extra sure, its just whether it held once they came out that worried me.

Sponsored Links
Gripfill is one of the best in my opinion, but i have used the pink grip quite a lot just latlely and am well impressed with it. :LOL:

adhesives are only as good as the surface to which they are being stuck.

i think Deluks sums it up perfectly with his conduit yarn. ;)

Good point re the prep work. The bricks are all dusty and covered in mortar.
Whats the best way of getting them ready?

Last time I cleaned as best I could, then used some PVA to seal it a bit? Was this a good idea or not? Seems to have worked anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back