No telephone, or TV points?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I am looking to buy my first property. I have found a mid 70-s house in a residential street.

I was really surprised to find that the house has no telephone points anywhere and no TV connectors. I wondered at first if the previous owners had been religious, as I know some religions do not approve of TV etc, but the vendor has told the estate agent that apparently, he used cable.

I have never lived anywhere where cable is available. Can you get your phone line and broadband through cable also?

I tapped in the house details and I can see I can get up to 156mbps Virgin Media. I am all for getting away without a telephone line if necessary but have never looked at a house which seems to basic in terms of telephone, broadband and no TV areal/sky points in any room.

Sponsored Links
I would be very surprised also and maybe you have not looked hard enough. A house built in the 70s would have had a phone cable installed with it. If you can get virgin media then you can get a phone they will install the socket for you.

I would be very surprised also and maybe you have not looked hard enough. A house built in the 70s would have had a phone cable installed with it. If you can get virgin media then you can get a phone they will install the socket for you.
Thanks for your post. All I could find was the grey box attached to the corner of the house just where the gas box is. It doesn't have any markings and has a couple of quite thick black cables coming into it.
Photo%2021-12-2016%2015%2000%2043_zpsbunmgszb.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back