No water atall..........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help please!.

I have a 5month old baby and my water has just stopped working!. The heating system still works when i turn up the temp (Modena 80e). The preasure is reading 1.3 or there abouts.

This has only just happend here today, i started to run a bath, water fine for about 15 seconds the gradually went to a drip down to nothing atall.

Im in desperate need of help folks!!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
When you say no water at all, does this include the cold tap (Kitchen sink if you have a header tank), or is it just the hot water?

If it's cold, check with your neighbours, it could be that the water board are working on the mains, in which case call your supplier to see when it is likely to be restored.

Sponsored Links
What was the problem then?

It was a burst water main :) so wasn't just me :).

I now have the problem of my boiler going mad as i thought it was a preasure problem and fiddled with a few ''bits''.

So i now need renewed help in the form ''How do i lower the preasure''.

Its now reading just over 3!! And ive had to turn the boiler off as it sounds like its going to blow!!!

What was the problem then?

It was a burst water main :) so wasn't just me :).

I now have the problem of my boiler going mad as i thought it was a preasure problem and fiddled with a few ''bits''.

So i now need renewed help in the form ''How do i lower the preasure''.

Its now reading just over 3!! And ive had to turn the boiler off as it sounds like its going to blow!!!
At a guess, bleeding a radiator should do it eventually.

Either let water out of your drain point or if you can't find this the bleed valve on a radiator.

Either let water out of your drain point or if you can't find this the bleed valve on a radiator.

I went to blead a radiator and it went totally nuts!. Its now sat at about 2.5, is that still to high? Ive just left it to come down.

Not sure where my drain point is tbh.

Ill try another radiator.

Ive just left it to come down.

Is it coming down without you bleeding the system?

It has fell from about 2.5 to 2.1 or there abouts yes, but i think its probably slowed right down now.

I dont have one of those keys for the radiator, ill have to try something else. What will happen if the missus runs a bath? The house wont go up will it?

don't worry about it.

check if the pressure relief pipe is/has been running/dripping.

it should exit the boiler & terminate outside.

look for a drain valve.

under the boiler, on downstairs radiator pipework, at the end of a radiator etc.

& drain some water in to a bowl to reduce the pressure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back