No water coming from electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all!

I am new to this forum and to DIY, so sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section, seemed like the most appropriate to me. :D

I've just moved into a house and in the bathroom there is an electric shower (aqua tronic w9500s slimline) that was installed by the previous owner, however it doesn't seem to be working.

When I turn it on nothing happens. The power light comes on, and so does the low pressure light. No water comes out, nor does the electric shower make any noise. When I turn one of the knobs to cold/blue/low, the low pressure light turns off but nothing happens still.

Another thing that I should mention is that the house was repossessed and the water supply was turned off and everything was drained, so I am not completely sure if water is actually getting to the shower... I've looked under the bath at the pipe that runs up to the shower and the valve is open but I'm not sure if anything else could be preventing water from getting to it.

Is there a way to test if water is getting to the shower? I just want to be sure before I go out and buy a new shower as this one might be working.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Providing the showers getting water to it then your symptons point to a faulty solenoid coil.
Check the coil for resistance with a multi meter should be 3.4 kohms or above.

You won't get a low pressure neon on cold setting.
only the med/high setting to stop the heating elements coming on if low pressure is present.

Providing the showers getting water to it then your symptons point to a faulty solenoid coil.
Check the coil for resistance with a multi meter should be 3.4 kohms or above.

You won't get a low pressure neon on cold setting.
only the med/high setting to stop the heating elements coming on if low pressure is present.

Yeah I've read on other posts that it could be because of the solenoid coil, however I don't have a multi meter so I can't check it. Are they fairly cheap?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back