no water in radiator??????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i consider myself a bit of a handyman and recently undertook to replace all my old(25 years) single radiators with new double radiators and new trv's
my 3bed 2 storey house has a oil fired open vented heating system,after draining the system i flushed all the old pipework then set about installing the new rads and valves,all went well and as i was refilling the system i noticed no air was coming out of the bleed valves on 1 of the upstairs rads!! the rest of the rads had plenty of air and then water as i expected but none in this 1 rad....
i had water coming into the valves but none in the rad so i suspected a faulty valve,i drained the system again and replaced both valves then flushed water through the new rad to ensure it wasn't blocked and as i expected it wos fine...
i refilled the system and the same problem occured..i even lifted the floor boards to check i had a correct flow and return pipe going to the rad and it was correct..
i eventually closed the bleed valves and switched on the boiler and everything else worked fine,all rads hot,plenty of domestic hot water but still nothing in this 1 rad EXCEPT after 2 days a tiny tiny hiss of air coming from the bleed valves
i have to admit im in over my head i really dont know whats wrong or what to do next..PLEASE PLEASE someone help(the wife's doing my head in over this!)

Sponsored Links
Remove the pin from the air vent and push a needle in the hole. It is most likely blocked.

If there is a tiny hiss of air then have patience (sit next to it with a cup of tea) - it will eventually fill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back