Noisey Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gloworm Fuelsaver II combi boiler. It's usually quiet but yesterday it woke me up when the heating and hot water came on. The noise sounds like a kettle that is on the boil and starts a couple of seconds after the boiler has lit. It doesn't seem to make any difference if the hot water circuit is on or the heating it still makes the same noise.
A word I have heard a lot is Kettling, is that my problem. Any ideas and if so how do I fix it without getting fleeced? :?:

Sponsored Links
If you don't want to get "fleeced", descale it yourself. If on the other hand you use a heating engineer to fix it for you, he or she may drag out their £1000 bit of kit and then the unreasonable s*d may expect you to make a contribution to its cost. Rotten s*d that he is.

Or hire a machine to do it. Or remove the part and descale it outside of the boiler.

Sponsored Links
HenryRoot said:
If you don't want to get "fleeced", descale it yourself. If on the other hand you use a heating engineer to fix it for you, he or she may drag out their £1000 bit of kit and then the unreasonable s*d may expect you to make a contribution to its cost. Rotten s*d that he is.

:evil: Heating Engineer!!! That will be the bloke who has failed to show up twice to fix it, costing me about £250 in lost earnings I presume.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back