noisey macerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How can I reduce the noise from my macerator, its in our airing cupboard, are there sound proofing materials that it could be boxed in with?

Sponsored Links
It should be on rubber feet, but try standing it on a thickish (6-8mm) sheet of neoprene, that should deaden the sound nicely

My wife often complained about the noise from ours, so I just went to the loo earlier in the day before she went to bed :D

But now ours is bust (I'm leaving it for 12 months in the hope that it may forget it was broke & work again :D ).

You could box it & put 50mm Kingspan etc inside the boxing. Remembering to leave plenty of room for airflow and to ensure that the boxing is removable for maintenance (and with a moderator - this is a high possibility).

Depends if you have room for a box & are not bothered about seeing a box compared to putting up with the noise.

Sponsored Links
My wife often complained about the noise from ours, so I just went to the loo earlier in the day before she went to bed :D

But now ours is bust (I'm leaving it for 12 months in the hope that it may forget it was broke & work again :D ).

You could box it & put 50mm Kingspan etc inside the boxing. Remembering to leave plenty of room for airflow and to ensure that the boxing is removable for maintenance (and with a moderator - this is a high possibility).

Depends if you have room for a box & are not bothered about seeing a box compared to putting up with the noise.

Thanks for the info, I have thought about getting my husband to box ours in but he's hopeless at DIY hope our doesn't break down, hope you have better luck with yours

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back