noisey rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELP!!!!! I live in the U.S. and my house was built in 1917 and it has the old iron radiators. I have been reading some of your previous post and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to stop my radiators from howling. They did not howl last winter and they did not howl at the beginning of this winter, but now they howl constantly. I have not added any thermostats as one person did in a previous post. I have made no changes to my system. I have had to bleed some of them almost every week and I am afraid I am going to have to clean out the whole system. What would you suggest I do. I realize most of the post are from the U.K. but some of your advice has helped with other problems.

Sponsored Links
HELP!!!!! I live in the U.S. and my house was built in 1917 and it has the old iron radiators.

They say disasters come in threes :LOL:

Cleaning the system would be a good start, it is pointless doing anything if the sysem is full of debris.

The noise could be from somewhere other than the radiators.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back