Noisy banging central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first question because I'm struggling. I have an oil fired central heating system in a very large house. The boiler feeds the hot water system and two single pipe heating loops made in 2 inch pipe. Following some work when a section of one loop was bypassed and cut away I've been getting a periodic "bang, bang, bang, bang" from the pipes which really shakes the pipework. This happens every ten minutes or so. If I seal off the heating loops by screwing down both send and return valves then the HW system works quietly with no problems. If I connect either heating loop the noises return
I sumise that there might be a few air bubbles in the pipes that "explode" when they reach the boiler but I've bled every radiator until no more air comes out.
My plumber is defeated but I'm an engineer good with mechanical things and refuse to be beaten. Has anyone got any ideas? Please !

Sponsored Links
Have you had trv's fitted in this latest work? if so is there one the wrong way round if it is not bi-flow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back