noisy boiler

RB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler has just started "kettling" after the system was drained to replace a radiator. The plumber suggests adding a noise inhibitor to the system. What is the best way to do this? Can it simply be added to the header tank?

Sponsored Links
If you put it in the header tank you need to drain enough water from the system to empty the tank plus a bit then add the chemical then refill the tank. You can get cartridges which inject into radiators (expensive), but I squirt it up a drain cock (after making sure the cock works properly, The washers usually stuck to the seat.)

As in the thread for //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3605&sid=b32d52b3c7abcb91b3eb6199e54dd8f6 Suitable brands are fernox, Kamco, Sentinal available from plumbers merchants and hardware stores.

oilman,

To shorten the link in the post reply section
Click onto on the right hand side then put ... again Hope you don't mind me telling you!

Sponsored Links
Thank heavens someone has, I couldn't find the idiot instructions so I could do it. Thanks for the tip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back