noisy pipes??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the water pipes for my boiler make a horrible tapping/ticking noise and its starting to get to me now. It only happens when the pipes are hot and its constant. Sometimes it starts with a slow ticking then it gradually increases then it will stop for a while.

Is there anything I can do to stop this noise?? I dont mind taking the floor boards up to have a look. It only seems to happen around the bathroom landing area by the way.

Any help would be great, thanks

Sponsored Links
The noise is coming from where ever the pipes are rubbing, you need to find where.
Not easy

Ive got exactly the same problem and ive had the floorboards up directly where the sound appears to be coming from and i cant locate it anywhere :cry: Its driving me mad
So this is a bump for any proffesional advice on locating the source of this kind of noise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back