Noisy toilet/bubbling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would imagine this is a common problem so I did a search but couldnt find anything.

The problem is that when the bath water is emptied, the water in the loo starts bubbling and gurgling. If I flush the loo at the same time, it will fill right up to the top, then the basin starts bubbling/gurgling, then after a few seconds it goes down.

We have another toilet which I have noticed is blocked somewhere as the water level after flushing it goes up and takes a good 15 minutes to go down to normal.

Could the blocked loo be causing the other problem? If so, I would appreciate any advice on how to unblock the pipe.

Stop Press: I have figured out where the blockage is. Its between one manhole and the next so I can push it through and get the wife to stick her hand down and catch whatever is causing the problem. Chances are that its a big ball of used tampons and other delights which she would be responsible for anyway!!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You will have to get some drain rods and try and unblock.

Not sure quite what your question is, as you seem to have answered it yourself :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back