I purchased a new HFU2 control box
and fitted but still have the same issue

I'm trying to get hold of a microphone to test

Anyone any ideas what the problem may be
or indeed how its wired

Does the Mic use the phone or Cradle at all

From What I can guess
is the phone when in the cradle - lets the control box HFU2 thats its connected
and then the mic part just uses the car Mic which is wired into the HFU2 control box directly

Any thoughts

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Normally the microphone should be wired directly back to the control module and plugged in, ive not seen many of these but the ones i have do not connect to the cradle.
I would consider taking out the microphone and examining the cable, not a nice job on some cars but rushed installation methods can see the cable damaged.
You may be able to find a compatible microphone on ebay and just plug it in temporarily to test it.

Thanks for your reply
I have found some more info on the web and see that the Mic is connected directly to the control box as you say
Further testing , i seemed to get a noise from the cradle
I call the mobile on a landline and I can then tap on the phone and hear that noise and myself very faintly - I'm not sure how the cradle mutes the actual handset
From a circuit diagram appears to use pin 8 and 9 on the cradle
so i assume the mic is somehow switched off on the phone ????
anyway
So my plan today
is
1) try connected the mic in to a Laptop and see if i can record from it - and at least test if that works
2) And also try a mic from a headphone combination thats used in a PC and see if that works
3) Play around with the cradle and see what I can do with that - all the pins appear to be sprung still

maybe its the actual handset itself ............

Thanks again

Its worth checking the cleanliness of the handset pins etc but apart from that i dont know what else to suggest apart from trying a spare phone.

Sponsored Links
Thanks
Now have another issue - the footwell full of water this morning - as my wife went out in the car, she just called

So i will have look when she gets back at the heater matrix - i dont think I did anything - BUT I suspect the pipework comes through that area for the heater - so i may have dislodged a pipe - but would have noticed if i had to force anything back - and I didnt
But it rained heavy last night - so I will have to have a look a little later today and see what i may have done or whats blocked

Oh dear ......

took everthing apart - even the cradle and re-seated all connections and wires
Got the thing working
unfortunaelty the water damaged the old HFU2 unit
so i put that elesewhere in the car
and then cleaned out all the drains throughout the car
hopefully no more water will get in

thanks for any help

Back