Non-Invasive Leak Detection Services

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Is anyone able to recommend a "reputable" leak detection service that covers Hertfordshire?

We have a 2nd floor, 2 bed flat that may have a leak in the central heating system, although we can find no evidence of this other than the boiler frequently losing pressure. We also have concrete floors which makes accessing the pipes near on impossible.

Does anyone have experience of using any of these companies or have any idea of the likely cost for their services?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The expansion vessel may have lost its charge, and the system pressure is dumping outside via the expansion relief pipe(PRV pressure relief valve)
As it is a gas appliance a RGI needs to sort that, if thats the problem.

test for leaks using infa-red camera's, for pipes in concrete floors.

Sponsored Links
:confused:

It was at 1:39pm on the 10th April 2012 :mrgreen:

Do you mean the leak only occured just yesterday at lunchtime?

I thought he meant it regularly leaked over a period of time.

Sounds as if he has not had any boiler engineer out. He may have second thoughts when he realises the cost of those leak firms are so expensive and he may not even have any leak!

Tony

No DBP edited his post as I was replying, so the quote doesn't say what it did. :mrgreen:

i keep mistaking the joined date for posting date, just not looking, so thought the post was from 2005.

i keep mistaking the joined date for posting date, just not looking, so thought the post was from 2005.

Don't say that Tony's so much better when he's confused :LOL:

There is a company called munters I have used

As mentioned it could be a problem with your boiler it would be worth getting a heating engineer out first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back