Non latex self levelling over green screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it okay to lay 2mm of self levelling over the top of 3 day old screed? Normally I'd think the wetter the better to keep the suction down and making it self level better, but I wonder if it will prevent the screed from drying out?

Cheers

Gary

Sponsored Links
More or less. If you are thinking of using a latex product on wet screed, just check that it will bond to a damp surface. I can't see why not, but check first.

Sponsored Links
I think you're heading for a disaster. The screed drying, and will start to get dust on it. You need to apply an acrylic primer to seal the dust in, but as the screed isn't dry yet, then the primer may delaminate.

I think you're heading for a disaster. The screed drying, and will start to get dust on it. You need to apply an acrylic primer to seal the dust in, but as the screed isn't dry yet, then the primer may delaminate.
The screed won't get dust on the surface if the surface is covered with say the OP's self leveler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back