Non woven lining paper - What is the thickest?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be using lining paper in a very old house and then emulsion on top of that. I prefer non-woven based on past experience and my own abilities as a paper-hanger ;)

What is the thickest non-woven I can get? I've found something which claims to be comparable to 1400 grade. Are there any 2000 grade non-wovens and where can I get them?

Sponsored Links
1700 is easily available from trade stores ..The DIY store equivalent grades seem inferior IMO

1700 is easily available from trade stores

Really? Is this non-woven? I have only seen traditional 1700 lining paper in the stores...not a non-woven.

Can you point me to a store that sells this online?

Are we both 'talking' about the same product ?
whats your definition of woven?
Im refering to 1700 pressed/milled lining paper :)

Sponsored Links
try wallrock fibreliner. however, it's very difficult to compare with traditional lining paper as they are very different products. I'd say in terms of the thickness, wallrock in between 1400 and 1700 in lining paper terms. shout if you need more info.

Robert

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back