Not another 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
boiler keeps firing up on ch. thought it was the built in time clock, but disconnecting the two black leads from the clock still did not stop it from firing up. the only way to stop the ch is to turn the boiler off. no external thermostat fitted. anyone any clues please.

Sponsored Links
DHW flow switch faulty and jamming on!

I have a new one in my vehicle!

Tony

Agile, have observed operation of pins. They appear to move in and out as required. As soon as power is applied to the boiler the pump runs and a pin on a brass manifold rises vertically and brings on th ch. remove the power and all seems to drop back into place. for hw another pin moves horizontally out of same brass manifold and moves back at end of demand. soory for lack of technical terms but no manual for this boiler. hoping to obtain one over the weekend.

Sponsored Links
Locate the boiler incoming 230v supply
Live
Neutral
Earth

Whats connected to 1 and or 2?

Agile said:
DHW flow switch faulty and jamming on!

Tony

When I said that I did not mean the pin is not moving or is stuck!

I meant that the internal working of the microswitch is faulty and staying in the hot water demand position. Sometimes intermittent!

Tony

Update. Son of a friend of a friend came to look at this boiler today. He replaced the central heating thermistor(?) and bolier is operating normally. Fingers crossed.

Perhaps if you'd said the 80°C was flashing we could have saved some time?

Or wasn't it?

Well I suppose you could look at it and think its reached 80° although if the rads were all cold one might wonder!

Agile said:
Well I suppose you could look at it and think its reached 80° although if the rads were all cold one might wonder!

80°C flashing is the C/H NTC sensor fault

hello again. just thought i'd let you know that there were no fault lights visible. apparently the guy who swapped the thermistor expressed a little surprise at it sorting the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back