Not draining, AND no water ?- re:dishwasher.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I appreciate any help you can give with the following dilemma :)

My housemate came to me saying that the dishwasher was not draining. Well, a quick read and I found to undo the drain hose. The hose runs into our disposal. So, after examining the hose, I turned on the sink, ran the disposal, and then retried the dishwasher. Great! Or so I thought.....

My housemate puts another load of dishes in the dishwasher and comes to tell me about 10 minutes later that there is no water feeding to the dishwasher.

So here we stand. I have searched on here, but to no avail. I have a flexible black plastic drain hose coming out, but a 1/4" (about 6mm) hardline feeding hot water. The hardline is T'd into the hotwater line for the kitchen sink. And as I have stated, the drain line is run to the disposal of the kitchen sink.

This hardline makes it a little more difficult for me to easily undo the hot water to check for clogs (although, I don't see how this would be clogged from my short examination of my dishwasher's insides).

I have a maytag DWU6402AAE. I am not afraid to hop in and pull things apart, but not really sure how to start with this. Besides a clogged water line, what else can cause no water pressure? Does the fact that the dishwasher was JUST clogged on the drain say anything about the feedline?

I know this is a long post, but I just wanted to make sure you guys had all the information to give me the best response you can. Thanks again everyone.

Sponsored Links
ewwww..... on closer examination, the arms aren't spinning either :(

May i point out that if you search this section of the forum, you will see a lot of requests from people with maytag appliances, and they get few or no replies, its because we know nothing about them (except they go wrong a lot) may i suggest you try here

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
May i point out that if you search this section of the forum, you will see a lot of requests from people with maytag appliances, and they get few or no replies, its because we know nothing about them (except they go wrong a lot) may i suggest you try here

Thank you. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back