Now that's what you call a slate!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It wasn't even the biggest on the roof - one was 44" tall by 55" wide

20Feb004.jpg

Sponsored Links
Brilliant picture that mate. Whats the detail of slate and quarry? Look at the size of the undereaves :LOL:

Alex

Sponsored Links
Made and fitted when men were men and thumbs were bl**dy. Imagine a dozen of them on your shoulder, up a ladder in the snow....... eeeee when I were a lad.

Fitted a couple of velux windows in a nurseing home in Hampshire a few years back... bloody heavy!!!!

That pictures taken from a property programme, I saw it the other day, can't remember which one, might have been grand designs.

That picture was taken from my camera - certainly not from a property programme.

The job was re-roofing a converted stable block at the rear of a pub in Masham North Yorkshire

And as I said that picture wasn't of the biggest slate - one was 44" high by 55" wide

I swear, i saw that exact same picture on a property program in the last few weeks. How spooky!

I swear, i saw that exact same picture on a property program in the last few weeks. How spooky!

I think if it had been from a TV program then they would have edited out the fag in his right hand :LOL:

Quite common in the cotswolds too, the states at the bottom are like tombstones and the ones at the ridge are like thumbnails.

used alot of them mate some come as big as half tonne up this way i buy them buy wieght not per tile and there called a teesdale slate or tombstone slate and are pegged with bits of brush shank :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back