NTL Broadband

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had NTL Broadband fitted today, there is a blue cable running from it to the laptop called an 'enet'. If i want to run Broadband on 2 PCs at once can i get a cable divider thingy? Also I want to run the broadband from down stairs, upstairs to my study, can i get an extension of this 'enet' cable?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You will need a cable router with a switch to share the connection. Your modem and PCs will then connect via the router.

or have someone make u an enet splitter...saves money on not having to buy a router but the cons of doin such a thing is that your connection speed will be reduced according to the number of PCs u have running from it

Bright_Spark said:
or have someone make u an enet splitter...saves money on not having to buy a router but the cons of doin such a thing is that your connection speed will be reduced according to the number of PCs u have running from it

And where do the additional ip addresses come from?

Sponsored Links
An ethernet splitter wont allow 2 pc's to connect at the same time, they basically use the 4 unused (usually unused) wires to sort of give an additional cable, they dont split it in the way you mean.

Back