Oak bed side's bowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, i have a solid oak double bed. The support down the middle to hold the slats up has snapped, three of the slats have snapped and i'm having to hold the bed up with various objects for the meanwhile. The main worry for me right now is one of the beams that connects the headboard to the bottom of the bed. It has started to bow outwards quite badly, what can i do? I was thinking about getting a large L bracket on all four corners, and a ratchet die down to hold the bowed beam into normal position. Will post photographs soon any help is appreciated!

Sponsored Links
In a well made bed the slats would be fixed preventing any bowing, the centre slat could be fixed to discourage bowing.

I'm not very good with material, and not sure which wood the center slat should be?

Sponsored Links
when i make bed bases i use 4x1" par[21x 95]spaced 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 [60-75mm]apart dependent on length
have you got a picture off the actual problem as i suspect the center leg on the middle spar is the problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back