Odd damp patch on kitch wall noticed after block paving laid

[]

The dpc did not continue across the cavity to the inner wall. My next line of investigation was going to be the kitchen sink soil pipe. ."
That`s the correct detail - inner and outer skins have individual strips of DPC . Your next move , to the soil pipe is a good one , often the connection to the drain can leak :idea:

Sponsored Links
An update, I got a builder in to investigate, lifted some of the block driveway and dug down. He couldn't find the water main pipe or kitchen sink soils pipe, so we assumed they must be entering the house from the side. What he did find was the porch downpipe not plumbed to anything! bit surprising for a relativeloy new build. I'm not convinced this is is the issue but it sure won't be helping - He also cut out some bricks to view the cavity but it appeared dry.
Anyway some pics below.
GALLERY]
[GALLERY=media, 39195][/GALLERY]
[img] [GALLERY=media, 39196][/GALLERY]
GALLERY]
GALLERY]
GALLERY]
GALLERY]

Not Unbelievable , I`m afraid :evil: Are you still under a NHBC or similar guarantee - send them the bill with those pictures :!:

Sponsored Links
hope it has fixed it for all that effort.
I have a feeling it hasn't, still noticed some damp patches this morning, however I'll give it a couple of weeks for any exiting dampness to dry out. If the problem hasn't gone - I'm lost, I don't even know who to call that could help. I feel like my insurance company should be involved and covering some of the cost, I have buildings plus contents.

Have you researched interstitial condensation? It is responsible for loads and loads of seemingly impossible damp trouble.

The first crop of images at the beginning of the thread indicate a water leak of some description. Particularly the second image, which shows the leak has travelled along the solid 9" wall.

Interstitial condensation would not manifest itself in such a concentrated way. If the occupancy lifestyle of a home is such that interstitial condensation can form then its effects would be more subtle and wider ranging.

It tends to form in cooler areas - below damp course and near airbricks. Where is the damp in the picture?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back