Odd Forum Behaviour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it just me? Today, whenever I first click on a topic in the index after a new message has been posted, what I get fails to include the most recently posted message. If I 'refresh' that page, or go back to the index and then into the thread again, the most recent post is then there. Very odd!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Yep it is acting up a bit
Glad it's not just me.

Actually, it's very interesting. If you look at what's just happened to me in the 'Voltage drop' thread, you'll see that it appears that some of the forum software is 'subtracting 1' from the most recent message number in the thread. Hence I'm seeing all but the most recent post when I first display any thread but, in the VD thread, when I click to edit the most recent message to edit it, what I'm shown is the previous message (which itself seems to have disappeared from view!)!

Kind Regards, John

I get message saying internet explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer every time I refresh the page. Not sure if it's my laptop or if it's DIYnot that acting up?

Sponsored Links
I get message saying internet explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer every time I refresh the page. Not sure if it's my laptop or if it's DIYnot that acting up?
It's clearly acting up (I've informed the mods, who probably know anyway!). I can refresh OK - indeed, as I said, when I do so the 'missing most recent post' then magically appears!

Kind Regards, John

I'm running my anti malware, spyware and adware programmes just to be on the safe side. I'll go get my other laptop from the van in a minute and see if that's the same.

A thread (plug-in timers) to which I just replied has completely disappeared.

The reply is still in my history but nothing else relating to it.

The messaage I was getting has dissapeared now. Not sure if it's the forum getting better or as a result of running antimalware etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back