Odd Hospital Wall Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Saw these in my ward.
Wondered if they were mounted on the old style 4/6 lug socket box albeit having an oversized front plate?

A bit odd also they have an external plug/ socket connection when the fitting is fixed to the wall.
For Isolation perhaps, but adjacent there is a fuse holder and a 3 position dim: off : bright switch.
There is also an SELV remote switch that oddly only works when the rocker is in the bright position.

Sponsored Links
A bit odd also they have an external plug/ socket connection when the fitting is fixed to the wall.
The lamp assembly can be easily lifted out of the wall unit for easy cleaning / steralising / replacement when contaminated with bio-hazards etc etc,

Sponsored Links
Arh the good old days, Common sense and built to last.

P.S I wouldn't call myself old either!

We once rewired london nurses homes, as a bonus it was all pyro :)

Oh, and a communal shower at the end of the corridor, which was an added bonus, when they strutted out there rooms, regardless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back