Odd size float valve tap connector?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a damaged (frost) angled tap connector that feeds the cold water storage in a loft. Its around 60 years old. Galvanised tank, 15 mm pipework, but all works well so would just like to replace the connector and a short piece of pipe and add a service valve.

Trouble is I don't have the correct size. Its smaller than 1/2 inch.
I'd like to simply collect a replacement and fit it so what is the male end of the protruding fitting likely to be please?

Sponsored Links
It could be worthwhile, at a later date, changing everything to 15mm using a new ball valve.....are you sure the galv. tank is really ok? When I see them there's usually 2" of rust in the bottom and the thing is on its last legs (if it had any) :eek:
John :)

Sponsored Links
I saw my first one last year, It was in a very old Santon cylindrical cystern type water heater, In a very old School, caretakers room,
The top of the cylinder was only 3" from the cieling, And at 15.30 Hrs on a friday I was not happy, But I managed to remove it without it falling to bits and rewashered it . Yes it had a flat cylindrical float as well,
And I still come accross taps with 3/8 bsp tails regularly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back