Oil filter tappings too small for new 15mm oil pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm upgrading a domestic oil supply pipe from 10mm copper to 15mm. I need to fit a new oil filter next to the oil storage tank as the existing has only 1/4 inch tappings. However the largest I can find anywhere had 3/8 inch. I do not want the filter to restrict the flow and feel that it ought to have at least 1/2 tappings.
Anyone any idea where I could source one? I've looked in all the usual places (BES etc). If I'm wrong to look for half inch tappings for use with the 15mm feed I'd welcome any thoughts.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is there a problem with the pipe being 10mm?
It is the most common size in a domestic application.

10mm is too small due to lengthy run and number (and size) of appliances being served. There is no realistic alternative but to upgrade the pipe to 15mm.

It's a common mistake to increase the oil line size from 10mm. Most oil appliances only need a 'wash' of oil to operate.

Sponsored Links
The size of the pipe is a done deal. It's the diameter of the oil filter inlet/outlet that is the issue here. I am ringing around but no joy so far.

It's hard to believe it's could be difficult to find a simple in-line oil filter with half inch tappings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back