Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a product.
I have an engine oil stain on my blockpaving and also on my tarmac driveway
I have used a couple of products including everbuild oil away
and another driveway cleaner but the stains wont budge
Thanks..

Sponsored Links
I found petrol was quite good at removing it, followed by a good scrubbing with fairy liquid neat, then wash dowb

lighter fuel will dissolve then sprinkle on washing powder and scrbu with hot water.

Traffic film remover (from a motor factors), followed by a pressure wash. Doesn't upset the tarmac.
John :)

Sponsored Links
We used to use neat washing up liquid on the crazy paving and wait for the rain to wash it away. It worked for years... That was back when Donny Osmond and David Cassidy were in the charts!!

Don't use petrol on the tarmac - it'll just dissolve!

Hand cleaner like swarfega works a treat on concrete if it's any help. A good scrub in with a scrubbing brush then a good hose down.

As long as the oil isnt soaked in, clothes washing powder works pretty well - make up a small but strong solution, give it a good scrub in and wash off. NB wear your marigolds as it doesnt do your skin much good!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back