Oil usage + scrappage/new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got a rough idea of hourly usage of a Worcester 12/14 boiler assuming it's running constantly, I'm running a little low on oil but refuse to pay the current 50p/litre as it'll be back down to 35p in a month. However if I do run out the wife give me some serious grief :!: :(

Also, the boiler is quite old although runs fine, are the new high efficiency boilers worth looking at and what percentage cost savings would I expect to get from one over the current boiler which is regularly serviced and in good nick.

Sponsored Links
Anyone got a rough idea of hourly usage of a Worcester 12/14 boiler assuming it's running constantly, I'm running a little low on oil but refuse to pay the current 50p/litre as it'll be back down to 35p in a month. However if I do run out the wife give me some serious grief :!: :(

Also, the boiler is quite old although runs fine, are the new high efficiency boilers worth looking at and what percentage cost savings would I expect to get from one over the current boiler which is regularly serviced and in good nick.

If you run out of oil,not only will you get grief from yer missus!!!,you could be looking at a new oil pump after youve seized the old one.

Your Call :oops:

The 12/14 is a tough old bird and all parts are available....there is provision for a room thermostat on the PCB if you haven't got one.
John :)

From recollection that boiler runs about a 0.5 US gal/hr nozzle, but it does depend on its individual set up and heat output.

Therefore about 2+ litres/hour........ if I am right?

Sponsored Links
cheers for the replies, down to around 150-200 litres so 75 hours or so at the last guess. Bugger, think I'll have to bite the bullet and order some.

Any thoughts on a new boiler, heard good things about the firebird but is it really that much more efficient than what I have

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back