Old Belle 240v mixer question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently bought a refurbished 240v Belle mixer, probably an early Minimix 150, that is suffering from the motor overheating and subsequently cutting out. It has a thermal reset button, but it overheats after about 20 - 30 mins of normal use. I can't seem to find anything on belle247 that clearly relates to my model of mixer and the ID plate is missing. The motor doesn't appear to have a cooling fan where you would expect to find one, though I haven't disassembled the motor to see if it's tucked away somewhere else in the design and I can't detect any warm air being expelled from within the motor. Does anyone have any experience with these older motors with the thermal reset buttons? If I was to consider a replacement does the current Minimix 150 motor fit all existing models (the mounting plate looks to be the same design)? Has anyone managed to come up with a DIY a cooling solution? I will be able to add photos if needed.

Cheers, Mike.

Sponsored Links
There certainly is a cooling fan, and its blades are curved to pass round the end of the motor - as I recall!
The early motors were very expensive to replace, the newer ones less so and there were differences....if there's no i.d on yours its age is probably guesswork!
The fan fits onto the end of the motor, and then the whole assembly fits into its plastic case. Fans are around a fiver.
John :)

I've been in contact with Belle this morning and it looks like I have either a Maxi 140 or a Minimix 140 and the option is this
"As this is an old machine 230v part number will be 900/20400 £262.47p"

:eek:

I consider myself a competent DIY'er and know my own limits, so I'm going to take it apart to look for an obvious failure in the cooling system. Hopefully I've attached a photo of the offending motor.

//www.diynot.com/network/MikeSwannick/albums/

Mike.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back