Old boiler pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Everyone.
My name is Marcin. Around year ago me and my wife , we bought our first house. Till this day everything we planned to refurbish etc is 99% done so i start looking at renewing some of the storage spaces. So upstairs i have this cupboard with old flue pipe going through. It was going from ground floor all the way to loft but bit from ground floor till middle of 1st floor was already removed by previous owner. To make this cupboard useful i need to remove just one section of the pipeand connection of this one with next piece is in the loft. Im pretty sure it is asbestos pipe and my question is how to disconnect it without making mess. I giess making it soaking wet would help but should i try to twist it or maybe remove the "paste?" which is filling the connection. Thanks for any reply

Picures to make it more understandable i hope. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes it is AC asbestos fairly safe if undisturbed, the more dangerous stuff is the asbestos rope shown at the bottom of the picture. It has high asbestos content and very friable. disturbing the joints will expose more of it, as it was packed into the joint then sealed with fire cement (which may also contain asbestos) strictly while AC asbestos like garage roofing is a DIY possibility asbestos rope really is a material for a pro.
Best to bite the bullet and get a licensed company to remove the lot job done!

http://www.arca.org.uk/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back