Old Honeywell room thermostat clicks off when pressed in?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably an obvious answer to replace it, but has anyone else had this? I only noticed it today as I was aligning the dial so it clicked off at the correct room temperature (it previously read 10, but came on when the room temp was 15) and noticed when refitting the dial that if I press it straight in, the thermostat clicks off (only while held in)

Certainly a non issue, but is it a sign the thermostat is on its last legs and might need replacing?

Attachments

• PXL_20231203_120523267.jpg
    PXL_20231203_120523267.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Seen it many times. These old design thermostats have mechanical contacts that have a bimetallic element that moves as the room temperature changes making and breaking the internal switch and turning the heating on and off accordingly. Pressing the dial flexes the unit and operates the switch. It doesn't necessarily mean that it needs replacing, probably it would have done it from being new anyway.

It doesn’t look old, it’s a Honeywell Home stat, which afaik is recent (say within the last 5-10 years or so). As per @stem, likely just the contacts.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back