old trunking and fuseboards

J

johnmf

not exactly DIY but i know theres some good sparks on here so thought id ask

picked up an industrial job, nothing fancy but working on some circuits that are fed in some old trunking and fed from some old boards.

the trunking is missing some lids and stuff but its in good enough condition to reuse and get some new lids for. thing is its likelly to be the trunking that was put in origanaly (i.e 25 years old) and i cant find a BS number or any markings. is there a reg calling for trunking to be BS standard and how would others approach this?

also the circuits are fed from old red spot bs88 fuseboards. these fuseboards are in decent condition and are very similar to the ones that you can stil buy. im a little confused though because on the front of the boards it says 30A fuses max and 60A fuses max on the other.

well does that mean i can put in 32A and 63A fuses in because they dont make BS 88's in 30 or 60A?

regards

Sponsored Links
BS88's are now rated in 32A and 63A.These will be fine in the 30 or 60 amp fuseways.All reputable electrical equipment would (or should) have had a BS number, although these might have been superceeded by more recent no.s.
If you are in any doubt then replace, but if you can find lids and the rest is in good order then why not re-use/leave in place

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back