old valliant vcw t3w does not ignite.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i recently added two new rads to my system and when i refilled the system the boiler don't ignite anymore, the boiler is quite old but was working fine prior to draining down. is there a reset button i need to press its a valliant vcw t3w combi boiler.

Sponsored Links
Yes take the front cover off and there is a reset on right hand side(i think) of control box ,rubber nipple

thats the over heat stat

is the pump running? do you have enough water in it?

Is there any air in blr? There is a bleed nipple inside comb box but don't go in there as the rope seal is asbestos & they cover is tricky to fit back call some-one in

Sponsored Links
the pump is running and i have bled air out of the nipple at the top of the coil in the boiler but it still doesn't start.

Did you by any chance turn the pilot off.Then relight..
If so there is a little microswitch behind the buttons that does not always reset. push the red button several times and that usually gets it then relight pilot

the pump is running and i have bled air out of the nipple at the top of the coil in the boiler but it still doesn't start.

In that case you have already opened the combustion chamber which you are not advised to touch because you are not trained on gas work.

That model is very sensitive to air in the system. A professional would have isolated the boiler before touching the rads as it can take some time to get the air out.

The usual problem is that the gas valve interlock does not fully push the pin out to enable to gas valve to open. Its on the front of the gas valve with two thin pipes going to the venturi just above the pump.

I had to learn how these boilers worked by myself because no one else seemed to know!

Tony

thanks for your help guys i have managed to sort the problem, (with some qualified supervision ;) ) the automatic air vent had seized and the diaphram wasn't working properly. but all is now working well. i have learnt so much today. As agile says i should have isolated boiler.
thanks.
carl.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back