Olive removal tool/method

If I can't twist them off then these are next out the bag, not really a diyer's tool tho I guess.
images
I have them for 8mm and 10mm @Madrab , surplus from my BG days , but use the splitter on anything 15mm and above , but yes you are correct , not a Diy tool for all the times they are ever used

Sponsored Links
The brass puller tube is fine if they have not been overtightened.

But water pump pliars would usually twist them off anyway.

If like many they have been overtightened then I am at them with the junior hacksaw, most of way through then a flat screwdriver in the slot to snap it.

You can buy an olive cutter which does 15 22 and 28 plus any other size .
I prefer this to pullers hacksaws grinders and all the other methods
Bought them a few years ago from an independent plumbers merchants and are totally brilliant
They look like a pair of small bolt cutters with one side which is flat and the other for cutting the olive thus you can use them on any size pipe without damaging anything

Sponsored Links
Can't you cut a 5mm or so length of pipe, insert in the fitting, then screw up the original pipe and the olive should pull off?

Can't you cut a 5mm or so length of pipe, insert in the fitting, then screw up the original pipe and the olive should pull off?
Why bother Dave? takes two minutes to crimp the Olive with your water pump pliers.

I remember the apprentice struggling for half an hour to remove the olive from a "Kingley fitting" ! :ROFLMAO:

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
I remember the apprentice struggling for half an hour to remove the olive from a "Kingley fitting" ! :ROFLMAO:

There's not many of the young pups will know what that is Terry....:LOL:

There's no f.cking chance of a course cowboy knowing that's for sure!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back