Olives

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have encountered some 1 /14" pipework at one of my properties. Am I able to use a 35mm compression fitting without changing the olive?

I know that 15mm olives work on 1/2" imperial pipe, and that 3/4" olives are required for 3/4" pipe, but am unsure about 1" and 1 1/4" pipework.

Thanks in advance,

Terry

Sponsored Links
28 mm to 1 inch Comp OK
28 mm to 1 inch e/f or York does not work!
35 mm to 1 1/4 inch Comp OK
35 mm to 1 1/4 inch York does not work!

But you CAN buy 1" and 1 1/4" olives, which are better really.

Teggs said:
I have encountered some 1 /14" pipework at one of my properties. Terry

Must be plumbed out with those little pipes you get with your can of wd40. :p

ChrisR

Where can I get the 1 inch ( approx 25mm) Olives ?I have couple of brand new stopcock (25mm x 22mm ) with 25mm Olives missing. I can't get the 25mm from my local suppliers. I looked on BES site but no luck .
Ta

Sponsored Links
Hmmm , maybe you can't. I've looked online but not found any, but didn't find 1 1/4 either which I've bought recently from a merchant. COuld be the ones I have are very old. 28mm is a tiny bit bigger but It should be OK. If the inch pipe was 1.3 mmthick it's the same. (25.4 + 2 ( 1.3))=28.

gastight wrote
I have couple of brand new stopcock (25mm x 22mm )
I think gastight is asking about 25mm olives for blue polyethylene pipe, which have an OD of 25mm, not bore. These are probably not available because the only brass fittings with copper olives for 25mm poly seem to be cheap imported stop taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back