oop's I dropped my mobile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the second time recently I dropped my mobile on the floor.
The screen is now blank!
Is there any way that I can resurrect it or should I buy a new one.?
If I transferred the sim card from my damaged phone to another mobile would I be able to recover all the phone numbers in the damaged phone.?

Sponsored Links
Some phone do but on others you have a choice of saving to the phone's memory or to the SIM.

Sponsored Links
with luck your next Moby will have a USB lead so you can copy your phone book to and from the PC and include it in your regular backup cycle.

with luck your next Moby will have a USB lead so you can copy your phone book to and from the PC and include it in your regular backup cycle.

Err this one has a lead, but I never bothered to back it up, it's still in its wrapper.
What a plonker :oops: :oops:

although the screen doent work you may be lucky plugging it into the usb port on your pc
you have the CD that came with the phone still? If not you may be able to download the software

What a plonker :oops: :oops:

iagree.gif

image66.gif

As I discovered with my Nokia 6021 (work phone), when I got a replacement, all the numbers I had added to it disappeared, as they were saved to the phone, not the sim card itself.

There is an option called copy which will transfer phone-stored numbers to the sim.

What handset is it?

You might try taking it back to where you got it from & asking them if there's any way to retrieve the data...

dont know if they still do, but Car phone warehouse were doing a thing whereby you take your phone in and they will copy all contacts for you.

then when you get a new phone go in and they will put all inofo back for you.

notes: its free, you dont have to have the phone from them (either one)

i know this to be true about 2 years ago becuse i was in there and a bloke came in with his new phone and theyput his old contact back on.

he did have to ask for "some one senior" becuse the "new person" really did noit know they offered the service, and the novel thing (well i thoght so) buy a phone in london, get info put on in scotland.

yes i know it means they store it on their main pc, but i thought it ws a novel idea

Sponsored Links
Back