Opinions on Kilrock products

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I bought some Kilrock leak sealer to see if it works on my pressure loss. Have checked the expansion vessel and it is pressurised to 10 psi (manual states 15 psi) and there is nothing discharging from the expansion pipe, so I'm assuming that it is a small leak somewhere ot of sight.
Kilrock advice on the bottle was to clean and descale the system first with advanced concentrate system cleanser so I bought some of that as well.
Being the inquisitive character I am, before putting the system cleanser in I tipped a small amount into a dish and scraped a bit of lime scale out of the kettle and dropped it in. I half expected and frothing like you get with Viakal on limescale but nothing. The stuff seems completely inert and now the following day it doesn't seem to have had any effect on the limescale still.
These products are quite a bit cheaper than Fernox. Question is are they just cheap rubbish cos if applied neta it doesn't have any effect on a bit of kettle scale, how could it possibly descale a boiler when diluted about 20 to 1.

(Saunier Duval Thelia 623 Combi boiler).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back