opinions

Sponsored Links
Usually, when advertising a product, one lists its good points only. The very first line of that reads:

Features for this ADVENT 7109
- Intel Celeron M 410 Processor 1.46GHz

If a 1.4 gig celery is a feature, wtf does that say for the product in general !!

and as for

1 year FREE warranty

they be a bit ****ed trying to sell a retail product without a "free" one year warranty..

Sponsored Links
Can it be worse than the old Backard Pell s***e, guaranteed not to work.

i had a friend many years ago bought a e machine with a intel celron pc from pc worlllllddd it was running millenium to lol what a slow pc too , you would click on mouse and go get a cup of tea while you waited for a reaction , i dont like celrons

Bag of poo. I have a three year old ROCK laptop that has a better spec.

Advent are OK as a rule, but I would not buy a complete machine from PC world anyway.

If you want a laptop I would suggest you go straight to Dell, Compaq, IBM, Toshiba or Rock.

As an example, I have only had one issue with my laptop, a faulty DVD drive after 2.5 years. Contacted Rock, stated I needed the machine daily so was not in a position to send it too them for the exchange. No problem, they sent a replacement for me to swap and return the old one to them. The new drive is actually a DVD rewriter so I got a free upgrade in the process.

Rock may be one of the lesser known UK brands, but they do make some very good value for money machines with excellent backup and support from my experience...shiiite, they are still in business after 18 years so they must be doing something right...

Notebooks
We have three Toshiba's and one Dell ....

The eldest Tosh came new with Win95 and M$office 95 ... That is ancient and still does a turn!

Four year old Tosh has seen one breadsnapper through Uni... still going strong.

Latest Tosh A100 embarked on the Uni trail this Sept.

The Dell is a company thing, has run faultlessly for 2 yrs.
;)

For lappy's you couldn't beat Thinkpads, but then IBM sold the business to China :(

Sponsored Links
Back