Optima Compact/Defender Bell Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've wired one of these, dead simple (should have been) just two PIRs and an internal speaker. Couple of problems:

1) When putting the battery jumper to "ON" on the bell box, the siren sounds, but remains on even with cover back on. Stays on even if hold tamper switch closed manually.

2) On the control panel, seems locked out, even if reset with eng. code.
Have tried the manuals instructions to reset to factory default, makes no odds. have tried just linking the tamper terminals out, still the same. So I figure it can only be a tamper signal (o/c) from the cover of the panel or the bell box, both, I'm pretty sure are operating.

3) The internal siren box, should this just tap on to the panel speaker connection terminals, in parallel ? It seems to work that way but no instructions otherwise.

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Wow, obviously mr unpopular then, 33 views and no replies ! Sorthed it, it was a faulty external siren.

try the siren sitting on a bench with a battery, if it works you have the wiring wrong.

bearing in mind it only needs 12v to not sound when the klid is shut

the other 2 are to sound and the tamper return.

so if it sitting on a bench it only needs 12v to stop

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back