Optima G3 Alarm Beeps twice Every 5 mins

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.Ever since my little daughter had her mits on the alarm control panel (Optima G3), the internal beeper beeps twice every 5 mins!! I`ve tried reseting and printing off the manual for it but I can`t silence it.It`s driving me nuts.There was mention that the beeping was down to the fact that it can`t connect to a phone line....but it never was before the beeping. Help please. I`m technically minded so not frightened to do some dirty work if needed :idea:

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's not your smoke alarm battery going duff?

Are you sure it's not your smoke alarm battery going duff?

No. It`s definately coming from the alarm panel and it`s never been (not even sure if it`s capable of) being attached to a smoke alarm so it`s not that.Thanks for the suggestion BTW

I think someone must have programmed the service timer then. Do you have a manual?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like she's managed to enable the chime on a couple of detectors.

Try pressing the chime button, followed by 0, then the reset key. This will disable the chime on all zones.

Sounds like she's managed to enable the chime on a couple of detectors.

Try pressing the chime button, followed by 0, then the reset key. This will disable the chime on all zones.

Nope, definately not this. I enabled the chimes OK but have disabled them again.It`s every 5mins, 2 beeps.Anyone?

Well, Ive sorted this after getting the Engineers manual.'Flag B' options: "Line fail Active high" was set.I deselected it and beeping gone! Voila! Hope this helps someone else.Thanks for the replies!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back