Outdoor hearth / fire cement ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Future project I'm going to be undertaking is the construction of a circular external fire / hearth effort as an alternative to a patio heater. Basic design will be cylindrical about 3 1/2 - 4 feet off the ground using beach stone cemented in place.

My question is what type of cement mix is necessary for this type of construction given that it is going to have to be capable enough to withstand fire consistently ?

Also I would like to embed a shelf via several steel prongs into the cement to allow heat capture and for setting drinks etc on, is this likely to work or is it going to be too much ? I can settle for building it and then drilling out the holes if necessary.

Many thanks
Mully :)

Sponsored Links
i may be wrong, but i would have thought ordainiry cement to be ok, since it is made in a kiln in the first place

Info: you can get internal fire brick where the heat will be and fire cement for pointing the joint.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back