OUTLET FOR HALOGEN LAMPS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A pal, who owed me some money, has just returned to his native Australia for the foreseeable future and he has left me with a load of brand new boxed German made halogen lamps that are now taking up a lot of room in the garage.

As anything to do with electrics and lighting, apart from the simple domestic jobs, is completely foreign to me I would be very grateful for some general information on these type of lamps, as to what they are mainly designed for and possible type of outlets that I may explore in order to get rid of them.

The other question is - Are they, usually, sold separately or in numbers?

On the box label it has 'Open Dichroic 12V 35W 36°' M81'

Sponsored Links
Thats a good shout! I must admit I never really thought of eBay because I was mainly concerned to get rid of them in one go if possible.

The thing is whatever I do with them it would really help to know what they are actually used for.

Somebody has told me that he reckoned that they are mainly used for exhibition display lighting but he wasn't absolutely sure!

You can use them for display purposes ie in cabinates, my friend even wired them in his computer desk which looked cool, u can use them in ur kitchen aswell for under cabinate lighting or just simply use them as maine lighting in ur rooms, instead of 1 main light put 4/6 of these in ur room. ull need to buy the correct size offittings tho and transformers. 1 transformer for each light or 1 main transformer for 1 room ie 4 lights = 4 x 35w = 140W so a 150vA transformer would do it :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back