output for a Gainsborough Diplomat Power Shower Transformer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My thermostatic power shower has stopped working and the plumber has said I need a new transformer as the old one has become damaged.

All I need to do is find out the voltage output of the transformer.

I rang up Gainsborough and they said the output is 15v. Two electrical shops near me have said that that is a very odd figure and have disputed it.

So I logged on here: http://www.shower-spares.co.uk/gainsborough/diplomat_thermostatic.htm

and it says the output is both 12v and 14v!

Anyone know what the real voltage is?

Also, if I buy the transformer via Gainsborough it will cost £115. Yet if I get it from the local electric shop it's about £4. Why the massive difference?

Sponsored Links
when you say sparks - is that electrics or appliances? Or something else :oops:

Sponsored Links
Did anyone ever confirm the output of the transformer? I have exactly the same problem and £124 for a new transformer is outrageous. Whether it is 12 or 14v doesn't make much difference, but is it AC or rectified to DC? The motor has a + mark on one terminal which makes me think it is rectified.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back