Oven cleaning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My electric oven fills the room with smoke when I use it, presumably because of a build-up of fat and grease in there. I haven't yet seen a cleaning product that is suitable for use on the heating element. Does anyone know of something that is safe to use? Also, the top oven (which is an oven/grill combi) needs cleaning between the element and the "ceiling" - any tips on the best way to get in there?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
just use mr muscle oven cleaner. wipe as much foam from the element as poss with clean water, and then after the over dries for a while, an hour or so, turn it on with no food in it to get rid of any chemicals left on the element

You don't need to clean the element, it will burn off any grime.

think he means somehting more along the lines of it wnt damage the element john. Plus if my self cleaning elec oven is anything to go by it takes forever for the gunk to burn off the element, resulting in a smokey kitchen lol

Sponsored Links
Yep - you're right Heyyouitsme. I don't want to damage anything! I'll give Mr. Muscle a go and see how he does.

Ta!

try using bicarbonate of soda,damp on a non scratch scourer,use an old tooth brush for the fiddly bits. warm oven up,then wipe off.clean oven,no toxic fumes!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back